The Vets in Construction forum meets quarterly and is open to any military veteran or active military personnel working (or seeking work) in the construction industry. Topics vary from connecting you with veteran benefits, programs available through veteran service groups, employment assistance, and much more!
Contact Kim Mason for more information.
AGC Networking Events
Military May Shootout
- May 2018
Auto Show and Fall Festival (coming soon)
Contact Tamara Hancock
for more information.
Harris County Veterans Service Office
Complimentary services offered include:
National Personnel and Records Center
Texas Veterans Commission
- Informing veterans, dependents and survivors of their eligibility for benefits payable through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Completing forms and filing claims for benefits that my be payable through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Informing veterans, dependents and survivors of their federal, state and local entitlements
- Helping to obtain supporting documents for claims by veterans, their spouses and dependents
- Recording original discharges (DD214) with the county clerk's office.
Female Veterans Assistance
Texas Veterans Commission Resources
Lone Star Legal Aid
VA Health Benefits
Veterans Mental Health Program
Employment Services for Vets and Businesses
Financial Aid for Education
Montgomery GC Bill
Hazlewood Act for Texas veterans
Texas Veterans Land Board
VA Homeloans (888-827-3702)
Death Benefits and Funeral Planning
Houston VA National Cemetery
Burial and Memorial Benefits
Texas State Veterans Cemetery
Homelessness / Homeless Prevention Assistance
Harris County Veterans Services (Homeless prevention and utility assistance): 281-876-6600
Military-to-Civilian Transition Assistance
Asset Building Network, Inc.
Disabled veterans who meet certain requirements, their surviving spouses and minor children of a person who dies on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible for property tax exemptions on the appraised value of their property. For more information, visit the Texas Comptroller's website
Veterans of Foreign Wars
Find a Post
Other Groups Supporting Vets
Banded Brigade Outdoors